Have you received an e-mail with the following message, or seen it posted on Facebook?

Dear Lord, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze. You took my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett. You took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson. I just wanted to let you know, my favorite president is Barack Obama.

If so, did you find it as offensive as I do? It’s not funny, and it’s not a political statement. It’s just sick.

What in the hell is wrong with people? I know a lot of dyed in the wool Democrats who loathed George W. Bush, and I heard them express their dissatisfaction with him more than once. But never, not one time, did I ever hear somebody wishing he was dead! My father intensely disliked John F. Kennedy, but I remember coming home from school the day Kennedy was assassinated and seeing tears running down Dad’s cheeks, because our President had been shot.

You don’t have to like President Obama. There are a lot of things I don’t like about him. I didn’t vote for him. But he is the President of the United States. He was elected by a majority vote of the populace, no matter what the wing nut extremists would have you believe. And as President, he deserves the respect of his office. I knew officers in the military that I absolutely hated, but I still showed them the respect their rank merited.

Somebody said that this little e-mail going around is an expression of free speech. No, it’s just an expression of tastelessness. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to yell “Fire!” in a crowded movie theater, and it doesn’t give you the right to publicly wish the President of the United States dead.

Yeah, I know, his health care reform is going to bankrupt us. Just like George Bush’s wars are bankrupting us. Yeah, I heard, you don’t believe that he was born in the United States, no matter what his Hawaiian birth certificate says. I didn’t hear him bitching because John McCain was born on an American military installation in Panama. Yeah, I know, he’s black, and he’s giving all of your money to minorities and illegal aliens. Guess what? During George Bush’s eight year reign, we had millions of people on welfare, and millions of illegals ripping off the system. They didn’t all show up on Inauguration Day. You’re right, the economy is in the toilet. Again, we didn’t get there in the last fifteen months.

The country was in trouble when President Obama took office, and I have no doubt that it will be in trouble when he leaves the White House. But he didn’t cause all of our problems overnight. Nobody is that good, or bad.

If you don’t like the man, vote him out of office next election. But in the meantime, grow up, and stop acting like a bunch of ignorant rednecks and spoiled children who are not getting their way!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

62 Comments on Obama Bashing Gone Too Far

1. Louie Disher says:

Now Art, let’s just stop and think rationally for one moment. You claim President Obama is an illegal alien.

So how come, when Bush, a Republican, was in office, the Secret Service or FBI, or some other government agency did not discover this? Or did they, and did the Republicans participate in a massive cover up?

Don’t you think that maybe they do some kind of background checks on Presidential candidates? Why wouldn’t they have brought that to light to disqualify him from running for office? Does common sense and reason never enter the equation with all of you conspiracy freaks?

2. Lisa Lessor says:

And don’t forgret, Art, they implant microchips in your teeth when you go to the dentist!

3. Tom J. says:

Carroll,
    I did a search on the MSNBC website and can’t find anything about that. Care to share?

4. Frank Reese says:

Oh trust me, the government knew all about Obama’s heritage and Muslim roots. They were paid off to look the other way. George W. Bush was a fool put in office to make Obama look like a logical choice. It is all part of the One World Order that has been coming for years. By the time his first term is up, all US citizens will be disarmed, the banks, hospitals and petroleum industry will be nationalized, and we will all be bowing to our new Muslim masters!

5. Jody Mills says:

Okaaaay, I’ll just back out until the nutcases and idiots take their meds and go to sleep!

6. Mike Grossman says:

Back to reality and the original blog post, I also agree that the e-mail was in bad taste. But seeing all of the comments here, bad taste seems to be spreading.

7. Pam says:

I swear, lately I find myself thinking almost daily that there must be something in the water making a fairly large percentage of Americans go completely batsh-t crazy. People repeat the wildest and dumbest claims and forward these emails that are just downright stupid. I often wonder if they realize that every time they repeat these crazy claims or forward the stupid emails they probably disgust a fairly significant portion of their audience. I guess they get a lot of attaboys from their nutjob friends but I bet a lot of people just delete the emails and lower their opinion of the sender.

The hate rhetoric towards our President has gotten ridiculous. It was bad with Bush towards the end but this Obama bashing started the day he was elected. The man has done nothing to deserve this. He’s a smart, reasonable and mature leader. Journalists covering the campaigns said they had never seen a candidate more devoted to his wife and children. He became President at one of the most troublesome times in recent memory and things have begun to improve considerably. I’m proud to have voted for him.

8. Allan W says:

I didn’t vote for Obama, don’t like his politics, I think he is trying to lead the country the wrong way. I believe the government should get smaller not larger. I do respect the office of the president and while I will do my best to see someone else elected to president and congress replaced I wish none of them any physical harm. I do think most of the opposition to this administration feels the same. I do realize that there are always going to be some radical nut cases on the left and the right. Unforunately that is what the media seems to dwell on which tends to stir up both sides. That doesn’t help the country much but it does give the media more followers.

9. Bob Miller says:

Roger ask the blacks in Detriot. Watch something other than CNN CNBC and listen to talk radio. You might learn something or are you a public school leftie

10. Mike Grossman says:

I think if people on both sides of the issue would turn off their talk radio shows and actually think for themselves, we’d see a lot less polarity. Talk show hosts on the far right anf the far left have built up a whole industry based on dividing opinions and causing discontent. They are the new “shock jocks” and it’s all about getting ratings.

11. Bob Miller says:

Mike they can’t think for themselves if they are public school students. They have been brain washed. It started in the 60’s

12. jerrydean says:

The Presidential Bashing going around is ludicrous. I hate to give Limboob & Glenn publicity but they are to0 a large degree responsible for the bashing. Both supposedly intelligent beings but LL THEY OFFER IS ADVERSE CRITICISMS. never A SUGGESTION AS TO HOW THINGS SHOULD BE DONE.T^he majority of the people voted Obama in. Like Him or Hate Him he is OUR President and is due respect. Disrespectim him disrepects those voting for him. To avoid mistakes he could do nothing but we voted him in to do something. Trumans “the buck stops here” is true today. Would any of the Bashers like to step up to the plate and take over the job??