I’m sorry for the title of this blog, but there’s no other way to say it. I’m pissed!

Television station KSBW in Salinas, California reports that the pinheads that run Denair Middle School, in Stanislaus County, ordered a thirteen year old student to remove an American flag from his bicycle on Veterans Day.

The news story said that Cody Alicea put the flag on his bicycle as a show of support for the military veterans in his family. But when other students complained to school authorities, Cody was told to remove the flag, which he folded up and put in his backpack.

School Superintendent Edward Parraz said that the school system has experienced some racial tension recently, and that some students got out of hand on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th), a Mexican holiday that commemorates the victory of Mexican soldiers over the French army in the 1862 Battle of Puebla.

Parraz acknowledged that Hispanic students had brought Mexican flags to school as a show of pride. Parraz said the decision to tell Cody Alicea put away the American flag was to protect the safety of all students.

It wasn’t far away, in Morgan Hill, California, that five students at Live Oak High School were sent home on Cinco de Mayo for wearing shirts and bandanas with American flags on them. School officials called the garments “incendiary.”

In that incident, Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez said that he was concerned about fights breaking out between Mexican-American students celebrating their heritage, and those wearing American flags.

One student reported that school officials told him that he could wear his American flag T-shirt any other day, but that Cinco de Mayo was the “Hispanic students’ day.” On that day Hispanic students brought Mexican flags to school, wore clothing with Mexican flags on them, and some even had the Mexican flag painted on their faces.

One Hispanic student told reporters that Cinco de Mayo is the “only day” Mexican-American students can show their national pride.

Huh? National pride? When did this become Mexico? If they want to show national pride in Mexico, let them move to Mexico!

What’s next? Will adults be told to take American flag bumper stickers off their cars so we don’t offend somebody? Will we tell our servicemen and women not to wear their uniforms so they don’t offend somebody?

Maybe some people in this country do need to be offended! I know that I’m offended when I hear crap like this!

Since when is the American flag disruptive? Since when is pride in your country, not a foreign country, considered “incendiary?”

Just when in the hell are we going to wake up in this country and say “enough is enough?” It’s way past time for us to put a stop to all of this politically correct, kiss everybody’s ass, nonsense and remember that this is America, and get back to the ideals that made us the greatest country in the world!

When I was a youngster, I remember taking my dad’s old Army hat to school for show and tell. I was, and still am, proud of the service of my father, my uncles, my cousins, and my brothers. I was, and still am, proud of my country. And it will be a cold day in hell when somebody tells me I can’t show that pride!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

27 Comments on This Pisses Me Off!

1. Lou T says:

Bad Nick wrote “Huh? National pride? When did this become Mexico?”

Man, open your eyes! It’s becoming Mexico more and more every day! We have lost our country already and will ever get it back.

2. MichaelG says:

On the other side, don’t forget that school districts are suspending kids for drawing guns or bringing aspirin to school. In other words, they are so terrified of any trouble or lawsuits that they will throw pretty much anything out to avoid problems.

I don’t think they particularly hate the American flag. They just don’t want to take any stand on anything, or show any common sense. There are too many lawyers in the world for that to work anymore.

If there was a fight and the parent of this kid sued, could you count on the justice system to throw it out, or would they hold the school district liable and make them pay a huge sum?

3. Greg White says:

Apparently after this hit the Internet and got mentioned on Rush’s show today, the website, email, and phone system of the school basically melted from all the irate callers, and the school superintendent changed his mind about the whole thing and reversed his decision.

4. The reason the school principals get away with this stuff is becxause the fathers don’t stand up to them most of them are over educated idoits and weenies

5. Jim says:

I see this as a perfect opportunity for the ACLU to get involved.

Oh wait………

6. Gene Teggatz says:

Just look at the names of the superintendent and the assistant principal and it tells it all. The school is operating under Mexican rules! Gene

7. Muriel Daniels says:

That put the blood pressure up to boiling! So did the article I found this week on the internet telling about a school in North Collins, New York only allows a 6 word prompt over the loud speaker each morning for the students to say the Pledge of Allegiance. That is so the teachers can decide in their own classrooms when it will be “convenient” to say the pledge!

8. Bill B says:

There are a lot of that are tooo silent on matters like this. We need leaders who have the guts to lead not to try to appease.

I don’t understand why Americans wearing flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo day would be incendiary. Mexico fought the French for independence, not us. And we didn’t fight Mexico for independence, we fought the British. I think wearing our country’s colors IN AMERICA on ANY day should always be appropriate.

10. MsKay says:

exactly!!!!! I just heard it on the news…how dare they! I just think we have to stop this nonsense and stand up! In the same 1/2 hour I also heard they are trying to ban Happy Meal Toys! Enough is enough! I can’t say this loud enough…THIS IS OUR COUNTRY….and our FREEDOM….that’s what all those soldiers are doing over seas now losing their lives! They aren’t doing it for Mexico or Canada or anybody else….it’s for AMERICA! Right along with this nonsense, the Government needs to BACK-OFF on medeling in private trade and people’s private decisions. ENOUGH Already! If they don’t like our flag…they know where the border is…don’t let the door hit ya in the ass!

Just for the record: It has been individual cities in California that have been working to ban toys from Happy Meals, not Mexicans.

I think that it would be fine for those of Mexican heritage to choose Cinco de Mayo as a day to celebrate their heritage – not their nationality.

As unpopular as the ACLU may be with a lot of folks, I think it’s about time that they get involved with these types of situations. All of this political correctness leads to intolerance and misunderstandings and an inability to communicate.

Our country became great based on its diversity and it’s time we went back to that – where everyone is celebrated for who they are and where they come from and most of all, for being American.

12. Joe says:

I’m not a history buff, but I really think the USA needs to back up about 50 years and start over.
    The American Flag was honored!
    Students that acted up in school got two whipings, one at school and one when mom or dad found out about it.
    Schools weren’t afraid to teach right and wrong, now schools are so afraid of someone shooting the polace up, or some lawyer draining them dry, that they have to give in to everything.

13. Nina Seibel says:

You are so so right, Nick. I am so worried about our country.

14. Elaine & Mike says:

This really pisses me off. California needs to take a look at itself. As far as I know it is still part of the USA not Mexico. It is alright to celebrate your heritage but they should not make a big deal As far as the ACLU getting involved good luck, I think we are the wrong color for them to want the publicity.I am from California and I have watch it slowly become a arm of Mexico. This is part of the reason we do not live in the state any longer.

15. Gina Ellis says:

The world is full of jackasses…and I cleaned that up just for you!

16. Oh me oh my. Have to agree with all the above. That’s not any kind of common sense… EXCEPT that our courts are wimps too! They’ll support the weak leaders and administrators nearly every time. It has to be up to all of us to inundate the email and phone and postal addresses of the weak-spined idiots as Greg White reported. But do it civilly and intelligently and calmly. We don’t have to rant and rave to make our point.

17. Rob Fox says:

All free men should be very worried – worried by blindness.

All this finger pointing, shouting and screaming. You are falling into the trap. You are being deflected from the truth.

The puppet masters have you running around looking for scapegoats. All the while they are laughing whilst you give them more time to siphon off just another few million more before they finally pull up the ladder that was the American dream.

You don’t have to be in the slightest bit socialist to see that America (and much of the industrialised Western World)is in the final throws of the great class war. Those that have real mega wealth and the rest of us. They have almost completed the task of extracting the capital out of the west and have almost completed the move east.

You have to admire their audacity. They have so many of us serfs clamouring to extend their tax cuts.

18. Dave B. says:

Common sense isn’t so common anymore. I’m a retired school district employee. Many times I’ve seen decisions that were just wrong. The administration was always trying to do the right thing. The problem was that they just didn’t think their decisions through. They had no common sense. Very smart with books though.

19. Bucky says:

Right on Nick, where has the country I grew up in gone. When I was a kid, I played a bugle, and we had a flag rasing at the school, on a regular basis. All of the kids proudly crossed their hearts, and said the pledge of alligence to the flag…
    I remember well a Canadian Uncle of mine saying, he wished the Canadians taught their children to honor their country like the US did. Now days it looks like the tables have turned, they seem to show more patriotizm then ours. When I see them on TV at sporting eventa against American tems they are the ones who stand at attention and salute their flag, hile many Americans remain seated………

20. John Knoll says:

All this talk about how this country was founded by immigrants is a smoke screen. I have my grandparents papers from when they came to this country and they signed an allegiance to this country not where they came from. If they didn’t sign they weren’t allowed in. That’s the way legal immigration works folks. You give up your allegiance to your old country. You can be proud of where you came from but you are more proud of your new chosen country! I truly believe a revolution is coming.

21. Arlene Sullivan says:

I almost wish I hadn’t read this because now my blood is boiling…
    WE LIVE IN AMERICA and there is no way anyone will tell me I can’t fly my American flag…

22. Bob M says:

This is what the people got. They just didn’t think when they voted.

23. ken t says:

I went to high school at Tustin Union High in Tustin Calif.in the early 1950s Beatiful area We had a mix of 60% white,30% hisp.
    and 10% other. The other day I was wondering what that school looked like today.Need I say, almost 100% Hispanic! Ken T

I agree with you on this Nick. This is America and everyone in this country should be allowed to display the American flag honorably. The Mexican flag has no place in American schools other than a referance to history such as in Texas. People from Mexican heritage should have the right to have a Mexican flag on their own property; homes and businesses. People that are not from hispanic heritage should not have to recognize Mexico and the Spanish language in schools, businesses and public places. People that want to work and live in the USA should learn the American English language.
    The ACLU is fighting to undermine this country by taking the wrong side on almost everything.

25. Robert says:

Rob Fox, you are the Paul Revere of our times, and your patriotic alert goes right by them who need to hear… Your words are true.

26. mike says:

what do you expect from a state that elected nancy pelosi to
    anything.

27. Howdy Bad Nick,

I’m with you all of the way on this!!! One of the Hispanic
    (where did that word come from?)state reps from Quelafornia told
    the Arizona attorney general that as of NOW Quelifornia IS a part
    of Mexico!!! HOW COME!!! BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE ILLEGAL MEXICANS
    THERE THAN LEGAL CITIZENS!!! When we tried that in the 1800s they
    started a war with us… OF COURSE, WE WHIPPED THEIR BUTTS AND
    TOOK ARIZONA & NEW MEXICO AS WELL.. I guess we need to K.A. again
    and send them home.. I’m willing !!!!