The news out of New York last night was talking about a woman who was arrested for selling fake Green Cards to illegals. Cops say they are looking for people who were victimized by her. Huh? They break the law by being here and then they break the law by buying a fake Green Card, and they are the victims?

If a guy buys a bag of pot and it turns out to be catnip, is he a victim of anything other than his own stupidity? Are the cops going to hunt down the supposed pusher and arrest him for cheating the “victim?”

I don’t agree with the current mindset of giving amnesty and even citizenship to people who are in the country illegally. They don’t deserve it any more than somebody who trespasses onto my property has any right to the things I worked hard to obtain. The way I’ve always understood our system, if you break the law you are a criminal. That includes entering the country illegally.

Yes, I’ve heard the argument that they are simply poor people trying to make a better life for themselves. The guy parked next to me has a brand new pickup truck that would sure make my life better. But I’m pretty sure if I try to take it he’s not going to be too happy about that.

I don’t get it. When did we all suddenly become victims? A while back somebody on a talk show was telling of the plight of victims of obesity. Huh? I’m obese, and the only thing I’m a victim of is my own laziness and lack of willpower. Nobody holds a gun to my head and says, “Drink that Pepsi and eat those potato chips.” What ever happened to personal responsibility?

If you don’t want to be a victim of obesity, push your chair back from the table and take a walk. If you don’t want to be a victim of somebody selling fake documentation, go through the legal process that millions of other immigrants have done for the last couple of hundred years and stop looking for shortcuts and the easy way to a free ride. We’ve already got way too many citizens here doing that.

Check Out Nick’s E-Books In Our E-Book Store

Tags: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments on Victims?

1. Gary says:

Nick actually it’s not the mindset of today’s people. Let’s go back to the beginning. When Eve was questioned about her wrong doing she blamed the serpent. Adam he blamed his wrong doing on Eve. Now flash forward to today. Now we blame everything that goes wrong for us on drugs your mother or father might have taken prior to birth, food additives’, and the list goes on. I use to think we as a society had lost our common sense but now I relies I’m just the victim here and it must be the fault of someone or something in my past. I should hire a lawyer to find out for me. Must be someone owes me a free ride. On a closing note, now that I think about it, that serpent may have really been the first lawyer after all.

2. Wayne from PA says:

@Gary…I like the idea of that serpent being the first lawyer. It just seems so….appropriate…..lol.

3. Berni says:

I agree Nick, I think we were raised to be responsible for our actions and right from wrong. If I didn’t earn it I don’t want it. If I cut corners it doesn’t mean as much to me then if I did things the right way. I’m tired of people with their hands held out and other just looking the other way when a wrong is being committed. We have made a lazy country and we have allowed bad behavior. This is my home and I want to feel safe here. I want to know those who are here (by birth or not) that want to hurt us, well need to go away, at what ever cost. It’s time people stand up stop letting these wrongs be the rights.

4. Doug says:

You said “The way I’ve always understood our system, if you break the law you are a criminal.” That should be true and selling a fake green card is against the law. That’s all there is to the story. The actions of the buyer don’t have anything to do with the fact the woman was breaking the law.

5. Dave K says:

Thank You Nick as usual you have hit the nail on the head. and I agree with Gary & Bernie.

6. Dave Mingus says:

Yip Nick, you said it again, just the way it is. Thanks!

7. Arley Running says:

The way it works is the buyers are actually soliciting for the people who make fake green cards as well as fake social security cards and drivers license’s. No victim there. Here in NM, this state issues drivers license’s to illegals, and actually has a state law that requires that the license be accepted as identification when ID is required before boarding an airplane.

8. Shannon says:

You nailed it Nick! So true!!

Taxpayers are the victims when these fake greencard holders use them to get government supplied freebees

10. butterbean carpenter says:

Howdy Baddest Nick,

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THIS ONE; WE’VE DONE THIS SO LONG, NOW IT’S THE RULE…. I REALLY DO BELIEVE WE’VE ALREADY LOST THE ‘WAR’, BEFORE THE SHOOTIN’ STARTS!!!!!! ‘THEY’VE’ ‘CAPTURED’ ‘OUR’ CAPITAL AND NOW CONTROL ‘OUR’ $$$$$$(ECONOMY/LIVES)!!!!

11. George Stoltz says:

When our grandparents or great grandparents emigrated here they had to follow the rules. And if they didn’t, they didn’t get in. Is part of the desire to allow illegals to stay here, that they are low-priced labor?

12. Robert says:

I’m no apologist for illegal immigration, but reading some of the comments here I just kept thinking how it seems everyone is so upset with illegal immigrants being such a factor in what ails us, and yet they don’t think twice about the real cause of our problems; the bankster gangsters and corporate robber barons whose unbridled greed and amoral business practices are what’s killing us. I realize I’m getting away from Nick’s point, but come on people; haven’t any of you read the recently released report that shows illegal immigrants are actually bolstering our Medicare and Social Security programs by contributing to the funds but being unable to collect on those contributions. We have huge problems in our country; let’s not allow ourselves to be distracted from the real culprits.

13. Connie Bradish says:

We have laws about immigration. If you are here by breaking those laws, you are a CRIMINAL. I think they should all be deported. Those immigrants who FOLLOW THE LAWS should be applauded for coming here the RIGHT way. Those people who break the laws, again are criminals and should be deported.

I disagree with Robert. The capitalist system has made us the most wealthy and prosperous society in the world. They are not “bankster gangsters and corporate robber barons.” I am TIRED of the successful people in this country being considered to somehow be evil, awful and greedy. Read the Millionaire Mind by Dr. Stanley. Most wealthy people worked hard and EARNED their wealth. So why should they support everyone else, especially many folks who simple have their hands out and don’t want to work? Nope, killing the golden goose of capitalism will be awful for all of us.

I agree with Connie on the immigration issue and on capitalism. Robert is the one distracting with his rant on wealth distribution.

15. Bob and Jo says:

Nick and Connie nailed it, sorry Bob has same name as Robert.